Leverage the power of BusinessObjects with Tableau. InfoBurst Tab provides a bridge between BusinessObjects reports, Universes and Tableau.
- BusinessObjects Content for Tableau – Automatically Schedule, Burst, Push and convert BusinessObjects Universe and Web Intelligence content into Tableau Data Extracts
- Deliver and Refresh Tableau Data Extracts – Dynamically deliver and refresh Tableau Data Extracts and Workbooks with BusinessObjects content to Tableau Server/Desktop, Network Share, SharePoint or via Email
- Single Version of Truth or Focus on Data Governance – Consume data from BO Universes and Web Intelligence reports (*trusted data*)
- Event Based Scheduling – Automated Scheduling of Tableau Hyper extracts based on database triggers, ETL schedules and file presence events.
- Filtering – Connect to BO Universes from Tableau Desktop and apply filters in Query panel. Use WebI report filters and burst Tableau Data Extracts
- Avoid recreating Tableau Calculated fields – Dazzle your Tableau Dashboards by leveraging Complex formulas and variables defined in Universes and Web Intelligence Reports.
- Dashboard Bursting – Burst a master Tableau workbook into multiple Tableau Dashboards using a Web Intelligence report dimension
- Export Tableau Dashboard images – Intelligently email tableau dashboard images in PDF or PNG format. Render Tableau dashboard images in Sharepoint or InfoBurst portal.
Powerful tools and options:
- Includes a powerful macro builder that can use original file name, filters, date, time to dynamically name TDE’s and Hyper files something meaningful to the user.
- InfoBurst has a rich array of distribution options and can provide an automated way for Tableau desktop users to distribute their dashboards with or without Tableau server.
You can also check out Paul’s blog post on InfoBurst Tab!
Tableau Data Extract (TDE) and Hyper Deliveries
Your existing Web Intelligence reports can be the driving source of a Tableau Data Extract (TDE) and Hyper file which is ideal for Tableau analytics and data discovery. InfoBurst can schedule and refresh a TDE and Hyper file as soon as the backend data in the Web Intelligence report is updated. InfoBurst is capable of single-pass bursting that refreshes a Web Intelligence report once and produces an output of multiple TDE and Hyper files as a result. Multiple TDE’s and Hyper files can also be automatically published based upon a report parameter in which each TDE file and Hyper file represents a different piece of the report parameter selected. The easiest method of understanding this is in the example of a report parameter on State. A single Web Intelligence report that contains data on multiple states can be published and split into multiple TDE file and Hyper file outputs where each TDE and Hyper file can contain data for only one state.
The InfoBurst Tab Scheduler can update TDE and Hyper files by automatically refreshing the latest data and publishing it for consumers to Tableau server. Schedule, burst and publish Web Intelligence reports into TDE or Hyper file formats to be viewed within Tableau server as a destination for users. Deliver Tableau Workbooks bursted by variables or parameters directly to Tableau server.
Tableau Burst Option
Create a master Tableau Dashboard and burst the dashboard into multiple Tableau dashboards/workbooks using single pass bursting. Personalize Tableau dashboards by recipient. InfoBurst Tab supports the publication and delivery of Tableau Workbooks into PDF and PNG file formats that can be scheduled and delivered to a variety of destinations.
InfoBurst Web Data Connector (WDC)
With the InfoBurst Tab Web Data Connector (WDC), Tableau developers can connect directly to SAP BusinessObjects Universes, Database queries, and XML Data Cache queries as a source to creating Tableau visualizations. Connect to a BusinessObjects Universe from Tableau desktop and apply filters directly into the Query panel. Save and maintain all your free hand SQL queries within InfoBurst as a data source to leverage within Tableau desktop. The InfoBurst Tab Web Data Connector brings a “Single Version of Truth” for your organization by seamlessly accessing pre-defined Queries and Universe variables and formulas. You can also create reporting caches and cached queries which reduces load on your transaction systems and improves query performance.